A great super simple artichoke soup recipe ! With only a handful of ingredients this artichoke soup will sure please a crowd!
by Frank LaMark – PrimoItalians.blog
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leaks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 LG Idaho Russet Potato
- 10 oz Artichokes in olive oil drain oil
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups chicken stock low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Bring olive oil to heat up in 6 quart pot. Add chopped garlic, chopped leaks. They don't have to be fine because you will be blending it shortly.Place chopped potatoes and cook until soft for 5-8 minutes.Drain the artichokes from the oil and then add them to the pot. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and cook for 15-25 minutes
Part 2 (CAUTION HOT)
- Break out that handheld immersion blender (or if you don't have one you can use a blender) and puree the soup. Add your mascarpone cheese and keep blending with your mixer. If you choose it to be creamier add more cheese to your taste.All done, its that simple! Place the soup in your favorite soup bowl and add chives to garnish or add more cheese to top it off.
Leave a Reply