This appetizer is a “go-to” for me any time I am hosting a gathering. Fresh, simple and delicious ingredients make these skewers a win/win always. They are so gorgeous to look at and are full of vibrant colors and flavor. Make ahead of time and serve on a bright white dish so they “POP!” Just don’t be surprised when they’re gone as fast as you put them out! Cheers!
- 12 Small Fresh Basil leaves
- 12 Large Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Ciliegine in water ( small fresh Mozzarella Balls )
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 cups Quality Balsamic Vingear ( to make Glaze )
- 12 long Bamboo Cocktail Skewers
- For Balsamic Glaze: *NOTE: you will only need approximately 2 Tbsp of the glaze forthe appetizer, however I prefer to make a little extra so that I have it onhand.Place 2 cups Vinegar in a pot over mediumheat and bring to a slight boil.Once boiling, reduce heat to low setting and let simmer. Stiroccasionally until liquid as reduced to about half and is thick. Once thick and reduced, remove from heat and let cool about 10 -15 minutes. For Skewers: *Wash Basil& Tomatoes well. Pat dry*Pat dry Ciliegine ( cheese )Sprinkle Cheese with saltThinly slice off round bottom ( with root ) of each tomato so thatthey are able to stand flat.*Stack each skewer in this order: Tomato, Cheese, Basil ( withBasil leaf being on top )*Carefully & individually, drizzle a small amount of theBalsamic Glaze onto each skewer. Serve & Enjoy! Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!
Leave a Reply