Okay… Lemon, Almonds, Lemon, White chocolate… and.. did I mention Lemon?? Holy Cannoli these are soooo good! The burst of freshness and tang from the Lemon zest mixed with the sweetness of the White Chocolate and topped off with a super amazing crunch… these Biscotti are LIFE! Perfect for any gathering, holiday or just a good old-fashioned coffee bath! 100% Yummy-in-the-Tummy!! Enjoy!
Lemon, Almond & White Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 3 LG eggs
- 12 oz White Chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Zest ( freshly grated )
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Extract
- 1/2 cup Almonds ( roughly chopped )
- 2 cups All- Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Corn Meal
- 1 1/8 cup white granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Canola Oil ( 1 Tbsp )or Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat Oven 325 Degrees F In bowl, combine Flour, Corn Meal, Salt, Baking Powder. Stir.In another bowl & using a mixer, beat & blend Sugar and Eggs ( mixing in one Egg at a time ). Add 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest & Lemon Extract, mix.Add Flour mixture to Egg mixture and mix until just blended. Stir in Almonds.Divide dough into 2 equal portions and place on a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper.As the dough is now sticky, spray a little Canola Oil on your hands before handling it.Form 2 logs side by side- on baking sheet , about 10 inches long. Make sure the logs are spaced apart from one another.Bake in oven about 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cook about 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, diagonally cut the log, creating 2-3 inch thick slices. Place the Biscotti slices back on to the Parchment lined baking sheet ( cut side down ) Bake again about 20-25 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool entirely. As Biscotti are cooling, fill 1/4 of a pot with water and place on stove. Place a glass bowl on top of the pot to create a Double Boiler. Pour Chocolate chips and 1Tbsp Lemon Zest into glass bowl and bring water to a simmer. Make sure glass bowl is not touching base of pot or water.Using a baking spatula, stir as chocolate melts. Smear White Lemon Zest Chocolate on top of each Biscotti and let cool & harden on a cooling rack. Enjoy!!! Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!