Absolutely one of my favorite farfalle pasta dishes! I could probably eat the entire pound of pasta in this dish if I wouldn’t have such a guilty conscience afterwards haha
This farfalle recipes dish is so simple to make, using common household ingredients. This farfalle pasta recipe unbelievably creamy and delicious and definitely a great “go-to” for unexpected company or after a long day. Enjoy this dish with apiece of warm garlic bread fresh out of the oven and a glass of Pinot Grigio or simply by itself. Cheers!
Farfalle Pasta & Peas
- 1 pound Farfalle Pasta Noodles
- 2 cans 15oz Sweet Peas with liquid
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 LG White Onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Asiago Chese grated
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme ( de-stemmed ) * Keep a few whole sprigs fordecorative plating
For Pea Sauce:
- * In a medium pot over low heat, melt Butter.*Add dried Thyme, crushed Red Pepper *Add diced Onion, cook until Onions are soft and translucent *Add pinch of Salt*Add peas & liquid from can * reserve1/2 cup whole peas*Add pinch of Black Pepper*Cover & let peas simmer forapproximately 10 minutes ( stirring often )*Mash Peas with a potato masher to create a sauce-likeconsistency.*Add 1/2 cup whole Peas to the sauce *Stir. Letsimmer another 5 minutes.* Lower heatto lowest setting, until pasta is ready to be added to sauce.
- *In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water to a rolling boil, salt& add pasta. *Let cook until al dente ( still a bit firm to the bite ) *Once Pasta is cooked al dente ( or to desired consistency ),remove Pasta using a hand held strainer spoon/ ladle, and add to the sauce. *Don’t worry about any excess liquid accompanying the noodles, the pasta waterwill add to the sauce.*Stir and mix the Pea sauce and Pasta together and let all theflavors “marry “ for a few minutes.*Remove from heat. *Mix in freshly grated Asiago cheese & garnish with freshThyme & Enjoy