If you are a lover of seafood, this frutti di mare recipe is your dish! Fresh Clams & Shrimp are beautifully cooked and infused with so much flavor! This light, buttery, garlicy ,white wine sauce with a hint of spice and bits of tomato, will 100% make you coming back for more! Enjoy with some nice crusty, warm bread to mop up all the leftover flavorful juices in your bowl!
Frutti di Mare Recipe w/ Fettuccini
- 1 pound Fettuccini Pasta Noodles
- 10-12 Fresh Clams
- 13-15 Shrimp
- 7-8 cloves Garlic ( minced )
- 1/2 can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 Large Basil Leaves ( chiffonade ) ( save a couple additional small sprigs for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken or Clam Stock ( I use Chicken – it gives a more buttery flavor. Clam stock willintensify the Clam Flavor )
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Prepare your Seafood: Try to purchase your Clams pre-scrubbed. If they have not been scrubbed, make sure to clean ( scrub) each Clam with a brush in order to remove any sand grit.Purchase fresh Shrimp. Make sure when purchasing, to have Shrimp cleaned ( de-veined ). You can also have the outer shell removed at this time if its your preference. I did not cook with the outer shell on the Shrimp in this dish. For the Pasta: *In a large pot, bring 4 quarts water to a rolling boil, salt& add pasta.*Let cook until al dente ( still a bit firm to the bite )*Once Pasta is cooked al dente ( or to desired consistency ),drain Pasta. Set aside. ***Do not rinse pasta cooked pasta For White Wine Sauce: In a large pan over medium /low heat, add butter & olive oil.When melted, add red pepper flakes, basil and garlic. Let cook until garlic is fragrant and golden.Add Tomatoes & big pinch SaltAdd 1 cup White Wine. Let simmer until smell of alcohol has diminished.Add 1 cup Chicken Stock. Simmer Add Clams & Shrimp. Cover. Let cook about 7-9 minutes or until Clams have opened up and Shrimp is vibrant pink. ** Discard any UNOPENED Clams With a tong, remove Clams and distribute either into 4 individual bowls or into one large serving dish.Add cooked Fettuccini pasta to the sauce and Shrimp and toss well.Transfer pasta & Shrimp to each bowl on top of clams.Sprinkle with fresh Parsley right before serving.** Garnish a large serving dish with a few springs Basil Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!