I have always had a thing for Dark Chocolate and Orange. Something about the combination of these two flavors is just so indulgent and sultry. By adding these flavors to an Almond Biscotti, it takes this cookie from yum to YUM! If you like Orange and you like Dark Chocolate… these Biscotti are for you! Enjoy!
Orange, Almond & Dark Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 3 LG eggs
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Orange Zest ( freshly grated ) ( plus extra forgarnish )
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Orange Extract
- 1/2 cup Almonds ( roughly chopped )
- 2 cups All- Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Corn Meal
- 1 1/8 cup white granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Canola Oil ( 1 Tbsp )or Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat Oven 325 Degrees F In bowl, combine Flour, Corn Meal, Salt, Baking Powder. Stir.In another bowl & using a mixer, beat & blend Sugar and Eggs ( mixing in one Egg at a time ). Add 2 Tbsp Orange Zest & Orange Extract, mix.Add Flour mixture to Egg mixture and mix until just blended. Stir in Almonds.Divide dough into 2 equal portions and place on a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper.As the dough is now sticky, spray a little Canola Oil on your hands before handling it.Form 2 logs side by side- on baking sheet , about 10 inches long. Make sure the logs are spaced apart from one another.Bake in oven about 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cook about 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, diagonally cut the log, creating 2-3 inch thick slices. Place the Biscotti slices back on to the Parchment lined baking sheet ( cut side down ) Bake again about 20-25 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool entirely. As Biscottiare cooling, fill 1/4 of a pot with water and place on stove. Place a glass bowl on top of the pot to create a Double Boiler. Pour Chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp Orange Zestinto glass bowl and bring water to a simmer. Make sure glass bowl is not touching base of pot or water.Using a baking spatula, stir as chocolate melts. Dip each Biscotti into the Dark Orange Zest Chocolate, arrange on cooling rack & top with freshly grated Orange zest. Allow Biscotti to rest until Chocolate has cooled & hardened. Enjoy!!! Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!