The Pepper and Egg Sandwich has always been a “cozy” kind of sandwich for me. Something about the simplicity of ingredients, the warm bread…is just comfort food in my opinion. Typically you find this sandwich during Catholic Lent, with only Pepper & Egg ( just like the name ) and usually Green Peppers. As much as I love the traditional combo, I wanted to give it a twist of my own. I always love the combination of Bell Peppers & Onions. Using a variety of colorful peppers helps make this Sandwich so much prettier to look at! Fresh Herbs always add life to any cooked dish, plus throw a little butter in to the mix.. and vooowala! With just a few simple twists, I am confident you and your family will love these any time of day or year. Enjoy!!
Pepper and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- 2 rolls Everything Ciabatta
- 2 MED White Onion ( thick sliced )
- 1/3 Red Bell Pepper ( roughly chopped )
- 1/3 Yellow Bell Pepper ( roughly chopped )
- 1/3 Orange Bell Pepper ( roughly chopped )
- 2 TBSP Fresh Thyme ( de-stemmed & Chopped )
- 2 TBSP Fresh Parsley ( chopped )
- 4 LG Eggs ( whisked )
- Cooking Spray Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- DIRECTIONS: 1. Cut Ciabatta Rolls in half, and spray insides with Cooking Oil Spray. 2. In skillet over medium heat, add all halves of Ciabatta Bread,face down, and toast until warm, slightly golden in color, but still soft.Remove and set aside. 3. In the same skillet over medium heat, add Butter & saute’Onions, Bell Peppers, Herbs, a generous pinch of Salt & Black Pepper. Let cook until veggies are soft. Remove and layer on top half of Ciabatta Roll. 4. In the same skillet over medium heat, add 4 whisked Eggs, pinch of Salt & Black Pepper & let cook.*Try to keep the Eggs together -in one large piece while cooking& flipping. This will make the Sandwich easier to eat. 5. Once Eggs are cooked, using a spatula, divide the large scramble in half. 6. Layer half of the Eggs on the bottom half of one Ciabatta Roll& repeat for the other roll. 7. Carefully combine your Sandwich halves together & Serve! Enjoy!!! Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!
Leave a Reply