Is there anything better than the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven? Throw some Fresh Rosemary and Garlic in to the mix… and you have yourself the definition of COZINESS! Use this bread as a side, make paninis, dip it… but most importantly ENJOY EVERY LAST BIT OF IT!! Cheers!
Savory Rosemary & Garlic Rustic Bread
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour ( about 2 Tbsp extra for dusting )
- 1 1/2 cups Water ( warm )
- 1 packet Packet Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Big Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 LG Sprig Fresh Rosemary ( de-stemmed & minced )
- For Yeast: In a measuring glass Mix warm Water ( not hot, hot will kill the Yeast activity ),Sugar & SaltLet sit about 5 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly In another large bowl: Add 3 1/2 Cups Flour, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder and RosemaryAdd Yeast water to Flour. Mix.Once dough has formed, remove from bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface.Once kneaded well, place dough in a large, deep, oiled bowl and cover with a Tea Towel to let rise. Let Dough rise a few hours or until it is 2 -3 times it’s original size. Once Dough has risen, remove from bowl and place on a lightly floured surface.Sprinkle some flour on to the dough so that it is easier to work with.Punch dough down to flatten a bit, Knead & place back in Bowl& cover with towel. Note: Room Temperature is best for rising. This dough can be ready to bake in just a few hours. If you wish to let rise longer or overnight, place dough in refrigerate or over night to slow the rise and keep fresh. Preheat oven 450 Degrees F Once the dough has risen the second time, remove from bowl and place on a lightly floured surface.Knead one last time, forming dough in to a nice smooth, round ball.* Lightly dust with flourIn a large cast iron pot, place dough, smooth side up.Using a sharp serrated knife, gently scour the top of the Dough Place Dough in Oven and Bake about 30-40 minutes. Or until outer layer has developed a golden crust. Let cool before slicing Serve with Warm Butter or dip in Olive Oil and Parmesan cheese. ENJOY! To Store Bread: * Wrap in a Tea Towel. This prevents most air from getting to it making it stale, but still allowing it to breath and not mold.Leave out in room temperature for 2-3 daysCan be frozen too Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!
Leave a Reply