Super light summer dish that has a rich bite with the white wine and it kicks it up a notch with the capers and the scallions!
by Frank LaMark – Primo Italians
Shrimp with Pinot Wine Recipe
- 1 lb 16-20 shrimp de-veined,cleaned & shell removed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 2 cups Pinot Grigio wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Brown the shrimp with the olive oil for 1-2 min on each side on high heat in a skillet. You don't want to cook the shrimp now just brown them fast.Once happy with the shrimp color take out of skillet and transfer to a side plate to restAdd 4 tablespoons of butter to the empty skillet along with the scallions. Cook until wilted.Add the Pinot Grigio wine and bring to a boil. Reduce by halfAdd the shrimp back to the skillet to continue to cook. Incorporate the salt and parsley and cook for 3-5 min until shrimp is fully cookedWhisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and serve!
Leave a Reply