Flatbreads are on of my favorite dishes to make. They are easy to whip up and have endless concoctions! Easy, creative and versatile, Flatbreads recipes work great as an appetizer or main dish. Everyone coming back for more will be the only stamp of approval you need! =) Crack open the vino with this one! Cheers!
Flatbread Recipe w/ Mushroom & Artichoke
- 6-7 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Asiago Cheese ( grated )
- 1/2 cup marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh Pesto ( please see our Primo Italians Pesto recipe )
- 5-6 LG Baby Portobello Mushrooms ( thin sliced )
- 1/2 SM White Onion ( thin sliced )
- 1 cup Baby Arugula ( packed )
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Store Bought Flatbread * To make your own Flatbread dough, please see our Primo ItaliansFlatbread dough recipe.
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Thyme ( de-stemmed )
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pinch Pinch Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- For Flat Bread:Preheat Oven 400 degrees F*In a skillet over medium heat, saute’ crushed Red Pepper, Onionsand Mushrooms in Olive Oil until soft. Add pinch ofSalt & Black Pepper. Remove fromheat. Start Layering:Place Flatbread on top of a perforated / ventilated baking sheet.Smear Flatbread with Pesto ( make sureto leave a small perimeter for a crust )Add Provolone Cheese slicesAdd Mushrooms & OnionsAdd Artichokes Bake at 400degrees F for approximately 10 minutes ( or until cheese is melted and edgesare crispy )Remove from oven.Top with freshly grated Asiago Cheese & Fresh Baby Arugula Enjoy! Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!