There is just something about making your own focaccia bread that is so cozy and rewarding. Then… add some tomatoes and fresh herbs to the mix… and you get one of the greatest variations ever…. FOCACCIA!. Yum Yum Yummy in my tummy! This focaccia recipe is a perfect snack, appetizer or side. The focaccia toppings are full of flavor and texture, it will always steal the show! Just try not to eat the whole pan all at once! lol CHEERS!
Focaccia Recipe with Tomato & Herb
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet Dry Active Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Thyme ( de-stemmed ) * Keep a few whole sprigs fordecorative plating
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary ( de-stemmed )
- For Focaccia: In a large bowl, mix water, yeast & sugar. Let stand about 5 minutes until mixture begins to foam. Stir in flour, olive oil & 1/2 tsp salt.Mix until smooth dough forms and no flour is left.Place dough on a oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let sit for about 1 hour.For Tomatoes: Preheat oven at 400 degrees F. *Slice Roma tomatoes very thin and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.*Sprinkle with salt.Roast until tomatoes are wilted around the edges but still juicy in the center. Remove. For Focaccia: *Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F On a oiled baking sheet, stretch dough with your hands to fit the size of the pan.Using your finger, press “dimples” into the dough.Using your fingers, smear tomato paste scarcely ( or to desired taste ) over dough.Top with roasted Roma tomato slicesSprinkle with garlic powder, salt & black pepper ( to taste )Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until edges are gold brown and crispy.Remove and garnish with fresh Thyme & Rosemary ENJOY!