Once you have Primo Italians pizza dough you will never go back! This is a more advanced version that some of the pro pizza places will use so some of the ingredients will not be readily available at your local store and you will have to purchase online. We included links to them below. Let us know how your dough turned out and post on one of our social media pages!
by Frank LaMark – PrimoItalians.blog
Pizza Dough Recipe by Primo Italians
- Mix Master
- digital food scale
Pizza Dough Recipe with Starter
- 3/4 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast Red Star is preferred
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 1/2 cups High Gluten Four King Arthur Sir Lancelot preferred
- 1 tablespoon Diastic Malt
- 3/4 cup ice water City of Chicago Lake Michigan Tap Water preferred
- 90 grams Tiga Starter see directions below
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Starter Recipe (makes 90 grams aprox.)
- 1/3 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast Red Star is preferred
- 2 tablespoon cold tap water
- 1/4 cup High Gluten Four King Arthur Sir Lancelot preferred
Pizza Dough Recipe with Starter Directions
- In a small separate cup mix the Active Dry Yeast with the warm water. It must bubble. If it floats your yeast is dead and you need to get a new fresh batch.Next break out your mix master bowl. Add your flour and Diastic Malt together with a dough hook attachment for 2-3 min in the mix master.Add your Active Dry Yeast mixture to the flour mixOnce incorporated add your wet starter mixNext add your ice water. Mix for 3-5 min. You may have to adjust some more water or flour to achieve the dough consistency.While mixing add your salt & olive oil. Allow mix for another 3-5 minYou may have to stop the mix master to scrape the sides to incorporate all the ingredientsOnce mixed all together take dough out and knead the dough by hand for a 1 min. Let it sit out on a flat surface for 1 hour with a wet towel over it and allow to rise slightlyAfter 1 hour place the dough in a sheet pan and wrap well in clear wrap.Allow 24 hours in the fridge with a max of 48 hours to allow the dough to riseTake dough out after 48 hours and follow the next recipe on how to bake your pizza in our recipe section!We also put the ingredients we used in this recipe below from Amazon!
- Incorporate all your ingredients in a small cup. Mix up and when finished cover with clear plastic. Allow to sit out in the open air for 15-18 hours BEFORE you decide to make the dough. You will need this to add to your pizza dough recipe.SKIP THIS STEP AND YOUR DOUGH WILL NOT HAVE THE DESIRED OUTCOME.