When I lived in New York City, I had a favorite little Italian Trattoria I would go to whenever I had the chance. One of my favorite dished there was only offered on the Special Menu and was a Truffle Cream Ravioli. Somehow, every time I would go to this Trattoria, I would “Luck-Out” and it would be back on the menu. And Trust me…I wasn’t complaining lol. I loved the dish so much that of course I had to create my own version of it. Truffle flavor is one of my most favorite flavors. So unique… & quite sexy in my opinion, it can spice up even the already best of dishes at times. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Truffle! This a great dish for a special occasion such as an anniversary or romantic dinner. I simply love to enjoy this dish with a really good Cabernet. Enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY- Cheers!
Truffle Cream and Porcini Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package Four-Cheese Fresh Raviolior Agnolotti ( Imported )
- 2 oz Dehydrated Porcini Mushrooms ( reconstituted )
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoons Black Truffle Oil
- 5 LG Garlic cloves ( minced )
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Parsley ( chopped )
- Parmesan Cheese ( to taste ) for serving
- 2 cups cups warm water
- Sea Salt ( for pasta water )
- Black Truffle Sea Salt ( to taste )
- Coarse Black Pepper ( to taste )
- To Reconstitute Porcini Mushrooms: In 2 cups Warm Water, steep dried Porcini Mushrooms and let sit20-30 minutes. Using a fine strainer, lined with a paper towel ( to catch any grit ), drain Mushrooms over a bowl and reserve brown liquid from Mushrooms.Rinse Mushrooms under fresh cold water to remove any left over grit.Set aside. For Truffle Cream Sauce: In a large skillet over medium / low heat, add 3 Tbsp Black Truffle Oil.Once Oil is heated, add minced Garlic & pinch of Black Truffle Sea Salt. Cook until fragrant and slightly golden in color.*Add Mushrooms and strained Mushroom liquid to skillet. Raise heat to medium setting.*Add pinch of Black Pepper*Let simmer about 10 minutes to reduce liquid.Add 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, stir.Let simmer another 7-8 minutes, then reduce heat to lowest setting while waiting for Ravioli to be ready. Stirring occasionally. For Ravioli or Agnolotti: In a large pot, bring 6 cups water for water to a gentle boil.Once Water is boiling, add heaping pinch of Sea Salt.Carefully add the pasta into the Water.Allow Pasta to cook about 5-6 minutesCarefully remove with a strainer & place in skillet with sauce.Raise heat back up to low / mediumGently stir to coat the pasta, about 3 minutes. Serving: Using a large spatula, scoop out and serve on a plate.Garnish with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese & Fresh Parsley ENJOY!!Buon Appetito e Mangia Bene!