This white bean crostini recipe is definitely one of my favorite appetizers whether for a dinner party or just a friend coming over for wine and conversation. This white bean crostini appetizer dish that is so versatile and can be made 1,000 different ways. Another popular variation is white bean crostini with arugula. Simple, fun and always delicious… can you ask for anything more? Enjoy!
White Bean Crostini
Crostini is definitely one of my favorite appetizers whether for a dinner party or just a friend coming over for wine and conversation. It’s a dish that is so versatile and can be made 1,000 different ways. Simple, fun and always delicious… can you ask for anything more? Enjoy!
- 1/2 French Baguette
- 1 can Great Northern Beans ( with liquid )
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Raw Pignolias ( pine nuts )
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes – in oil ( diced )
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme ( de-stemmed ) * Keep a few whole sprigs fordecorative plating
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Drizzling
- Delicately top with toasted Pine NutsFirst Prepare your Crostini: 1. Slice Bread on diagonal for longer, more elegant lookingcrostini2. Drizzle with EVOOSprinkle with Salt & BlackPepperBake at 375 degrees in oven 8-10 minutes oruntil lightly toastedRemove from oven and set aside To Toast Pignolias ( Pine Nuts ): Place raw Pine Nuts in a pot over medium heat ( do not add oil orbutter )Continue to stir.Once golden brown and aromatic, remove from heat.Sprinkle with a pinch of Salt.Set aside. For White Bean Paste: In a pot over low heat, melt Butter.Add crushed Red Pepper Add Garlic Add pinch of SaltStir and let cook until Garlic becomes aromatic and a pale shadeof yellow.Continue to stir Garlic and careful not to burn. Burnt Garlictaste bitter!Add Beans & liquid from can Add Black PepperLet Beans simmer ( uncovered ) for approximately 7-10 minutesMash Beans with a potato masher to create a paste-likeconsistency. Stir. Letsimmer another 5 minutes. Remove fromheat. Prepare Crostini: Lay out pieces of toasted breadSpoon Bean Paste on top of each piece of toast.Next, using your fingers, add the Sundried Tomatoes.Add Fresh ThymeBuon Appetito e Mangia Bene!For more recipes visit: PrimoItalians.com
Leave a Reply